Riding a motorcycle in Arizona can be a thrilling experience. Unfortunately, a motorcycle accident is likely to cause serious injuries or worse. Most passengers believe that there is nothing they can do to prevent a crash, but this is not true. Don’t be the reason the bike is off balance or the driver is distracted. Here are several tips that passengers can take to reduce the risk of crashing:
- Use the footrests
- When coming to a stop lean back not forward
- Avoid sudden movements – don’t wiggle or shift unexpectedly
- Lean and move in sync with the driver
- Hold on tight, don’t be shy about getting close to the driver
- Wear protective gear (helmet, jacket, boots and protective pants)
Have fun, but know what you can do to help protect yourself from the dangers of the road.